Monday, April 14, 2008

Pine Cove Weekend


Well Caleb and I are back from the Mother/Son conference at Pine Cove. We had an awesome time. The weather was BEAUTIFUL(a little chilly though). The food was GREAT! And the fellowship was AWESOME!
But with all those great things..I was a little sad! All the walking and activities just pointed out how weak Caleb truly is. He had trouble keeping up with the other boys, he fell at least 3 times a day and couldn't do most of the activities! It just broke my heart!
(For those of you who don't know Caleb's whole story...short version...he was born with both hips dislocated...was in different braces for 11 months and has VERY low muscle tone, which=weak!)

I am really looking forward to May 2oth to our new neuromuscular Dr appointment. Maybe we can get some answers and some help!

He knows his limitations...and I think that is what makes me so sad! But he is a brave and sweet little boy! He did enjoy ping pong, and miniature golf! As well as swimming (I know I am a bad mommy...it was WAY too cold to swim...but how can you say "no" to all that begging??)

I did learn as a mom of a boy...that all boys want to be warriors...and that's OK..let them play guns and sword fight!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey. I cannot imagine what he has been through, poor little guy. He seems to always be in good spirits though, that is a part of being a warrior. I am glad that you all had fun!