Sunday, April 6, 2008

The April fools day cow adventure!

So it was April 1st (April fools day) and Emilee and I were working on some lovely TAKS math homework (my absolute fav!!) and Caleb came running in the house yelling "cow, cow...and I'm not April foolin!" I asked him where...and he said..."over there" pointing towards an open field where there are cows. Now I am thinking, we have lived here for almost 8 years..please tell me this is not the first time my dear son has seen a cow over there!
I said "yes, there are cows over there behind that fence"..he says "NO! this cow isn't behind a fence" and so I proceed to argue with him about how I am SURE the cow he saw WAS behind a fence....now go outside so your sister can concentrate on her homework!

Well about 3 minutes late he comes running in again yelling "cow , cow, come see".
So I grab Aubree and run outside (barefoot mind you) to see what he is talking about.
I DO NOT see any cow...so we walk to the end of our block and look around the corner.
Low and behold there stands a HUGE black bull! He starts running full speed directly towards
us and Caleb takes off running and screaming like a little girl. I decided running was a bad idea, so I decide to just stand still....holding onto Aubree, preparing to be plowed over!
He keeps running until he gets right at us and turns at the last minute....and runs back to his field.

Caleb was yelling "I told you I saw a cow....I wasn't lying mom..I was truing! I was truing!"

SO needless to say that was an exciting adventure!

Oh and Aubree...she was so excited! Because she wanted to "ride that cow mommy!!"

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can't quit laughing and being scared for you all at the same time. "Trueing" - that's a new one :) Be glad the Math TAKS has come and gone so maybe Emilee can enjoy some of these exciting adventures with you.

p.s. Were you wearing red?