Monday, January 24, 2011

New Passions!

So I have developed 2 news passions! Decluttering and organizing! And WOW do they make me feel GOOD! Like a DRUG!! It's AMAZING how much STUFF we have accumulated over the past 10 years in this house!


SO I am cleaning out under cabinets, closets, pantry...you name it!
I am also adding some neat touches to the organization! I found these super cute tags at Michael's this weekend to label my baskets in hopes of KEEPING things organized!
Check out my new
and improved medicine cabinet!











Aren't those the cutest little tags?? And the best part is that they were only $1 for 12! (Oh and I got the plastic bins for $1 for 2.....or 3 depending the size from Big Lots) SO organizing doesn't have to cost you a fortune!!


Another project I have been working on is our dining room. We NEVER ate in our dining room since we have an eat in kitchen....so it has kinda been the catch all room! Don't know where to put it????? Oh, just put it in the dining room! It was a MESS!
SO over the Christmas break we cleaned it out...threw away LOTS of junk!
And I have now turned it into my craft room!

It is AWESOME!!!! I really think Emilee is loving it as much, if not MORE than me!!!(pictures to come later)

I bought some used book shelves for $10 a piece and some plastic storage bins from Home Depot along with some baskets I have collected over the years...and VOILA! STORAGE....ORGANIZED STORAGE!!!












Again notice the cute tags!!

I am LOVING it!!!

I hope to continue on with my decluttering and organizing! I have a LOT more to do!
But I just do a little more each week!

Oh and I didn't tell you the BEST part of all this...I am actually making MONEY from all this!!!
I have been selling the "good stuff" I find on our school's flea market...so far I have made about $250 on stuff I didn't want any more and was junking up my house!!!!

Hope I have inspired you to spend a few minutes each week and clean out an area in your house and get organized!!! I tell you it is life changing!!!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you! The hooks in our living room that are holding our drapes are from Hobby Lobby. :)

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Thrifty Decorating and commenting!

The roses were not that frustrating....what was frustrating was never having the time to work on them! :)